Welcome to North Dakota Birding!
I specialize in guiding birders to their life and target birds in North Dakota. Come and enjoy North Dakota birding at its best!
Baird's Sparrow © Nelson's Sharp-Tailed Sparrow © Chestnut Collared Longspur © Upland Sandpiper © Le Conte's Sparrow ©
My Services Are Suited For You If:
- You are an avid birder who is trying for life birds or have a laundry list of target birds to find.
- You are a photographer who wants to spend time taking pictures, rather than locating birds.
- You are an experienced birder who wants to improve some aspect of your birding skills.
- You want to bird by habitat, bird by ear, or learn anything about ND and SD birds.
- You are a beginning birder and want to work at your own pace.
Eared Grebes © Yellow-headed Blackbird © Sharp-tailed Grouse © Sedge Wren © Yellow-bellied Sapsucker © All pictures taken by or while birding with Bob Anderson. Le Conte's taken by Alice Beauchman.
Where Do I Guide
I do most of my guiding around the towns of Valley City, Jamestown, Carrington, and Bismarck. This is the area around Arrowwood, Long Lake, and Chase Lake Refuges. I also will guide anywhere within the state of ND. Southwest ND has many different bird species that the rest of the state does not have. The Turtle Mountains and the Pembina Hills country also have many different birding opportunities. Basically, you tell me what your target birds are and I will let you know if we can find them in ND, and then set up a personal tour for you.